A downloadable game for Windows
ZERO is a 2D space shooter game where you face endless enemies. The more enemies you kill, the higher your score will be.
Pick-up collectibles to regain your HP or to have an increased rate of fire for a few seconds!
The game features an "invincibility frames" mechanic that prevent you to get obliterated when you're getting hit!
It has been made in a few days for the GBJAM8 by myself as a solo developer.
Disclaimer: this game is a prototype made for the game jam. Depending on how it goes, it might either be developed further or abandoned.
Played it? Please rate and leave a comment!
- Left, Right, Up & Down arrow keys to move your ship.
- Hold Left Control or Space to shoot.
- Press Space when on the main menu to start a new game.
- Alt + Enter to toggle between windowed and full screen.
All of the assets (art, music, sound effects, code) have been created by me during the jam period, excepted the font:
- Space Escape on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shidygames.spaceescape1
- My games on Itch.io: https://shidygames.itch.io/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/shidygames
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/shidy
- Discord: discord.gg/HwDD4zt
- 1.3 Content & polish update:
- Fixed an issue where the enemies won't shoot at the start of a run.
- You can now shoot with Left Control or Space.
- Added a new pick-up bonus that grants you a frontal shield for 10 seconds or until it gets hit by an enemy bullet.
- Removed the ability to destroy enemy's bullets with your shots.
- 1.2 Content update:
- Added another tiny, fast and sneaky enemy!
- You'll now earn +1 score every second in addition to the kills.
- 1.1 QoL update:
- Improved the triggering of the collectibles so the players can catch an upgrade even if the ship is blinking (after receiving damages).
- Changed the "ANY KEY" button to the "SPACE" button to start a game so the players can screenshot their highscores.
- Added hit effects to the enemies to give more feedback to the players when they shoot at enemies.
- Added a thrusting and braking animation to the ship.
- 1.0 Initial build of the game.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- ZERO: QoL Update 1.1Sep 03, 2020